In the past, the administrator of VigorIPPBX must access the web configurator of VigorIPPBX to set the Auto Attendant for Office and Non-Office hours. With the convenient and new feature of “Turn ON Night Service/Turn OFF Night Service”, the administrator can switch the office and non-office hours by simply pressing the extension number on the phone set.
Follow the steps below to make the configuration:
1. Open IPPBX>>PBX System and click the link of PBX Service Number. The following page will appear.
2. The default hot keys for Turn ON Night Service and Turn OFF Night Service are *7 and *8. You can modify them if required.
In which, Turn ON Night Service indicates the hot key to switch into non-office hours answer mode. After inputting *7 on the extension, you will hear the prompt voice and the system will then switch into Non-office hours . Turn OFF Night Service indicates the hot key to switch into office hours answer mode. After inputting *8 on the extension, you will hear the prompt voice and the system will then switch into Office hours.
3. Next, open IPPBX>>Line Setting. For the configuration of SIP Trunk/ISDN Trunk/PSTN Trunk, and configure the settings per the following figure:
Now an incoming call during Office hours will be forwarded to the Extension 2001; an incoming call on Non-Office hours will be forwarded to the Extension 901 (this extension will be switched into voice mail automatically).
4. Next, set the time for VigorIPPBX according to local time zone.
5. Set the Office Hours as shown below. In this case Office Hours start from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM; and 13:00 PM to 17:30 PM.
6. Now, the Auto Attendant for each Trunk (SIP Trunk/ISDN Trunk/PSTN Trunk) on the VigorIPPBX will run automatically.
Note: If staff must leave the office due to certain activity on Tuesday, the Extension 2001 or the administrator of VigorIPPBX can pick the phone up and dial *7. After hearing the beep sound, the system will switch into Non-Office setting and all the incoming calls will be forwarded to Extension 901. The next day (Wednesday), the system will switch into Office Hour setting (AM8:00) automatically and carry out the normal operation.