This application note describes how to configure DrayTek VDSL2 Vigor routers (Vigor2760 and Vigor2860 series routers) to a VDSL2 connection on the NBN network.
I. Get the firmware
Depending on your Vigor router model, download the firmware from the links below and update the firmware in your router. This official firmware supports VDSL2 Vectoring which is required for VDSL2 connections on the NBN network.
- DrayTek Vigor2760 – download link (VDSL2 Vector-2, Modem code: 574307_571801 & 573807_571701 (AU NBN users recommended))
- DrayTek Vigor2860 – download link (VDSL2 Vector-2, Modem code: 574307_571801 & 573807_571701 (AU NBN users recommended))
II. Configure Modem Code
Once the router has the latest firmware, select the modem code supporting vectoring by following the procedures below:
- Go to WAN >> General setup page and configure the DSL Modem Code to “AnnexA_574307_571801”
Configure the VLAN ID on the same page only if required by your ISP:
- Enter the VLAN Tag ID into Tag value section to match your ISP’s requirements.
ISP VLAN Tag TPG 2, 100 Webshield
- Set VLAN Tag insertion (VDSL2) to Enable
- Click OK to save
III. Configure WAN Internet Access Mode
There are two common modes for connecting to the internet: PPPoE / PPPoA and IPoE (Static or Dynamic IP). Follow the instruction for the mode that your ISP provides. On WAN >> Internet Access page, select the required Access Mode for WAN1 and click on Details Page.
- PPPoE / PPPoA (Follow this procedure if access mode is PPPoE)
- DHCP / IPoE (Follow this procedure if access mode is DHCP / IPoE)
IV. Observe VDSL2 Connection
Once the router is connected to the VDSL2 line, check the physical link status and WAN IP address assignment in the Online Status >> Physical Connection page.
- VDSL2 Information (Profile, State, UL/DL Speed, UL/DL SNR). The VDSL2 connection state should be SHOWTIME Vectoring Active.
- On the same page, WAN 1 Status should have IP and GW IP assigned by the ISP.