This document shows how to upgrade Vigor router firmware by using a Mac OS device. The method shown will use Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP).
Using this method shown here, there is no need to log into the router’s web management page. The Mac OS native TFTP client is used in the example.
Connect your computer directly to the router’s LAN port and configure a static IP address on Mac OS device.
- Go to System Preference>Network,
- Configure LAN Adapter settings
i. Static IP 192.168.1.10
ii. Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
iii. Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (the default IP address of the router)
Set the Vigor router to TFTP mode.
- Power off the router.
- Press and hold the Factory Reset button.
- Power on the router while keep pressing the Factory Reset button.
- For Vigor3900, the ACTLED lights will flash rapidly.
For Vigor2960/Vigor300B/DrayOS, The left three LED lights will flash rapidly.
On the Mac OS device, open Terminal and enter the following command:
- “cd (drag the folder contains the firmware file to Terminal)“
- “tftp 192.168.1.1“
- “put [firmware file]”
The result will be shown on Terminal after the file has been uploaded successfully.
Then the router will now reboot and return to normal operating mode.