Custom Trunk is the new added feature offered by the firmware, V357. It can help the users to increase the number of PSTN/ISDN Trunk to solve the problem of insufficient trunk problem. Users can configure the settings for FXO or ISDN module on Vigor3300V+ and register it to Custom Trunk in VigorIPPBX to achieve the goal. Below introduces how to increase the PSTN Trunk number. The environmental structure shall be:
The steps for configuring the Custom Trunk are listed as below:
1. Access into the Web configurator of VigorIPPBX 2820. Open IPPBX>>Extension to create a new extension for Custom Trunk (the number is 3511 in this case).
2. Next, open IPPBX>> Trunks. You can find the Custom Trunk link. Click it to open the setting page.
3. In the setting page of Custom Trunk, choose any one of the index numbers. In the detailed setting page,choose the new added extension (3511) as the Extension/Trunk Number. Click the Enable radio button to enable such feature. Last, click OK to save the settings.
4. Now, access into the web configurator of Vigor3300V+. Open the VoIP-Protocol page and type related SIP configuration information of VigorIPPBX (refer to the following figure).
5. Open the VoIP – SIP Accounts page to modify / edit the page with the information listed as below.
6. Next, Open the VoIP-Port Settings page to configure the settings for Port 1 (FXO). Such information will be used for registration. At last, set the same number (9987, in this case) for Hotline Number to Internet and Auto Attendant number (for Custom trunk usage).
7. Open the VoIP- SIP Status page. If OK is displayed on Register Status field, it means the registration is successful.
8. Return to the web configurator of VigorIPPBX and open IPPBX>>Custom Trunk List. If the registration is successful, the Status and IP fields will be shown with the word, “Online” and the IP address of Vigor3300V+.
Now, you have completed the Custom Trunk settings and the number of Trunk has been increased.
Usage and Notifications for Custom Trunk
1. Tom wants to use his mobile phone to dial into the FXP port of Vigor3300V+ via PSTN line. When he dials into the line, he will hear the AA sound set by Custom Trunk (or you can set Forward to Extension or Forward to Group, no sound will be played).
2. Now, Tom can dials other extensions registered on VigorIPPBX or other extensions of the company tomake the phone call conversation.
3. Notice that all the extensions under VigorIPPBX must use the settings on Digit Map or Speed Dial for dialing out. Therefore, when Alex wants to dial to Tom, he must configure the settings on Digit Map or Speed Dial previously.
The above settings indicate when Alex dials out by pressing 31, the custom trunk will dial 035972727instead and connects to Tom’s mobile later.
The above settings indicate when Alex dials out by pressing 32, the custom trunk will dial 035972727instead and connects to Tom’s mobile later.