This guide will show you how to configure a DrayTek Vigor2830 router to Telstra NBN connection.
For this example, Telstra has provided a username and password to use for PPPoE authentication. Also a fixed IP address has been provided.
Step 1 – Connect to the router Admin page
Using your internet browser go to 192.168.1.1.
User name: admin
Step 2 – Configure WAN>> General Setup
Go to WAN>> General Setup configuration menu and ensure WAN2 is enabled.
For HFC TPG NBN use VLAN tag 100 or 2
Step 3 – Configure WAN>>Internet Access
- Go to WAN>>Internet Access configuration menu.
- For WAN 2 select PPPoE for Access mode.
- Click Details Page tab.
- Enable PPPoE
- Enter the Username and Password supplied by Telstra
- Select Fixed IP and enter the IP address if IP address supplied by Telstra
- Click OK to save the settings
The router will now restart.
Step 4 – Check the router is connected to Telstra NBN
Login into the router once the router has restarted.
- Go to Online Status>>Physical Connection menu.
- Check that WAN 2 status indicates that the router is now connected.
You should have green text for status details and IP addresses should be displayed similar to the screen shot below. You can now access the Internet through the Vigor2830 router.