In this guide we will show you how to configure the Vigor2620L series routers to use LAN port 2 as an Ethernet WAN interface to allow the router to be connected to a broadband service such as the NBN. The router will need to be running the latest firmware for this feature to be available.
Go to WAN >> General Setup configuration menu. Select WAN2.
You will notice the message on this page stating that when WAN2 is activated, LAN port 2 will become WAN 2.
Step 2: Configure WAN 2
- Enable WAN2. Physical Type will be Ethernet by default.
- Enter LAN Tag to match ISP requirements if required.
- For Active Mode, select Always On if WAN 2 is going to be your primary WAN connection.
Note: For Vigor2620L only one WAN connection can be active at one time.
Click OK to save.
The router will reboot to save the settings.
After rebooting the WAN>>General Setup menu should look similar to the image below:
Step 3: Configure Internet Connection
- Go to WAN >> Internet Access configuration menu.
- For WAN2 select the required Access Mode. For our example we will select Static or Dynamic IP.
- Click on Details Page to complete the configuration of WAN 2
Step 4: Configure WAN2 details
For our example we will use DHCP.
- select Enable and also select Obtain an IP address automatically as shown below.
- Now click OK to save the configuration.
The router will reboot to save the WAN configuration changes.
Connect LAN port 2 of the router to the Internet service (e.g. NBN connection)
Go to Online Status>>Online Status menu or the Dashboard page and check that WAN2 is now active.